Monday 22 October 2012

6 July 2012
Hi Everyone! This is just a quick note to all to reassure you that I am alive and well and survived the Derecho storm on Friday 29 June. We were all caught and there is widespread and bad damage from Georgia to Pennsylvania. I was caught in open woodland on a ridge just as it was getting dark and the storm came up without warning. Hurricane force winds and trees breaking and falling all around. There was nowhere to take cover so I just had to run for my life and dodge falling trees and limbs while trying to get down the trail and off the ridge, down to the shelter. A tree actually fell on me and knocked me down. A foot further on and I might be dead or badly injured. But I'm alive and uninjured (praise God!) and managed to get all my bits and pieces back and or repaired the next morning. A very close shave. But I have my life, I'm uninjured and God is GOOD! Just thought I'd check in and let you know. I'm in Daleville/Troutville VA and heading out now. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment